Boy Scout Troop & Cub Scout Pack 354
Troop 354 COVID guidelines:
Troop 354 in accordance with guidelines from Scouts BSA and HOAC has decided to proceed with in person meetings at this time. In doing so, we wish to outline some guidelines to ensure we do our best to keep the Troop safe.
- At all outdoor events we will practice social distancing. If social distancing is not feasible at an outdoor event, a mask/face covering of some sort will be utilized. Therefore we request everyone have a mask/face covering available at all scouting events.
- At all indoor events we will practice social distancing, as well as, the utilization of mask/face covering. (Just like at Bartle)
- Prior to a campout or an indoor event we will conduct temperature checks of all attendees.
- On campouts we will make exceptions on tent partner requirements, as we have had multiple request to let siblings tent together. Siblings will be allowed to tent together even if they are not in the same patrol. If you wish for your scout to tent by themselves, which is also acceptable, you will need to provide a tent as we don’t have many spare tents.
- If your scout or anyone in their household (lives in the same house) is diagnosed with COVID your scout may not come to troop events until the end of a 14 day quarantine and a negative test is obtained. In accordance with Clay Co Health Dept. Guidelines.
- If your scout or anyone in their household (lives in the same house) is suspected of having COVID and has a COVID test, they may not attend troop events until the results of the test come back as negative.
- If your scout or anyone in their household (lives in the same house) presents with any COVID related symptoms and is not tested they may not attend troop events until the completion of a 14 day quarantine.
- On campouts each scout MUST bring their own mess kit and water bottle. There will be no sharing allowed.
- Common symptoms of COVID are but not limited to: Fever (100.4 or greater), chills, cough, shortness of breath/difficulty breathing, fatigue, muscle or body aches, headache, new loss of smell or taste, sore throat, congestion or runny nose, nausea or vomiting, diarrhea… This list does not include all possible symptoms.
- If at an indoor event Troop 354 will sanitize the area before and after use.
- Hand sanitizer will be made available.
- If an event or campout is missed due to COVID it will not count against the scout in any way to include 12 month camper eligibility.
- Troop 354 respects everyone’s privacy and will not violate HIPPA.
- In the event Troop 354 leadership is made aware of any COVID concerns the leadership will meet and discuss the course of action to be taken. Guidance from the Clay County Health Department will be utilized on these decisions.